Thursday, April 24, 2008

Remember these?


My first year of school at Warrnambool East Primary School was spent at in one of these 'demountables'. It smelt of woollen jumpers, clag and hot apple pies. So maybe I was just being sentimental when I decided that I wanted one of these as a studio. You can imagine my delight when I discovered that they're for sale! There's a sea of them sitting just off the Calder freeway near Kyneton and they're approximately $4000 plus removal costs. I'm seriously considering heading up there next week to snaffle one for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience myself expect it was in the hot and humid confines of a brisbane summer.....

CurlyPops said...

They would make a great studio. Pity there's no room in my backyard....

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That is so cool. Where are you going to put it? It would make a great studio. Pick one up for me can you.

Brydie Dyson said...

That's crazy, Sam - I drove past the very same paddock of portables on my way back from castlemaine on the weekend, and seriously regretted forgetting my camera!
Thanks for getting a photo of them. And what a fine idea for a studio too.. Hmmm {hope the weekend goes nicely for AprilMay. I'll see you on Sunday at the end of "all in a months work"} xx Brydie

Reenie said...

I drove past these yesterday, and was wondering why there was a paddock chocka-block of portables. And now I know why.. so thanks !!